8.27.2012

UEP Music Submission : Yung Snazz "Bands"

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=46a4687cc8&view=att&th=138fefb803b365df&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9UKH8CoUL6Jr5058fn0HrQ&sadet=1346107116164&sads=J5qhGcvrSHhX7T2ZAdb1YG2AMg0
I never thought that my life would be where it is today". Most people can relate to this saying at some point in their lives. No matter how planned out you make your life, sometimes life has other plans. Jasmine "Yung Snazz" Lyons was born September 25th 1989 in Detroit, MI. She was raised by her mother. "Growing up was hard for me emotionally. I didn't have that two parent home that you see on T.V". The lack of her father's presence never interferes with her dreams and goals. Yung had always had a lover for music since a very early age. "My first experience with music was in the third grade when I learned to play the violin". She went on to join the glee club and was sometimes teased because she seemed to be the only kid in her class that thought the glee club was cool. Her first big musical moment took place when she was ten. "I never thought I was much of a singer, but I had heart and worked hard. I got my first big moment at my schools Christmas program". From that day forward she became addicted to the spotlight. "The poetic feel of Hip Hop was the thing that got me into rapping". Through most of her junior high years, Yung went through stages of depression. "I felt alone. My dad was never around anymore and I was still mourning the loss of my grandmother". Artists like Eminem and Jay-Z helped to keep her afloat. She began to write poetry to escape and vent about the hardships in her life. "Hip Hop saved me. It was my escape My poetry soon turned into something different; rap". Yung's style is a versatile one. She makes music that makes you dance and just want to have a good time such as "The Anthem" and "Last Night". On the other hand songs such as "King of Sorrand and Back Against the Wall" are more on the conscious end of the music spectrum. "I still have a long way to go from here. It's the beginning of something that I'm hoping is bigger than what I'm expecting

No comments:

Post a Comment