8.27.2012

Exclusive Interview: G.R.A.M.Z

 G.R.A.M.Z, a Bronx born Brooklyn raised artist, began rhyming at the age of
13. By the age of 25, he was heavily influenced by artists such as De La
Soul and A Tribe Called Quest. G.R.A.M.Z.‘s beat selection is infused with
the jazz of J-Dilla and his word play is parallel to that of Posdnuos (aka
Plug-One of De La Soul).

G.R.A.M.Z., who is a seasoned artist from Brooklyn, New York, has
opened for artists such as
Curren$y, Wiz Khalifa, A$AP Rocky, AB - Soul, School Boy Q, Smoke DZA
, Action Bronson, Kid Ink, Devin the dude and others.

"Revolution is life. Everyday you should wake up feeling like you want
to innovate and start something new." Wanting to be associated with
more that just street references, G.R.A.M.Z describes his name as also
being an acronym for "gradually revolving around music." While it is
quite rare for an artist to have such a wide scope and remain
convincing, G.R.A.M.Z stands out as an emcee that can play in both
realms while maintaining a real sense of authenticity in every aspect.

Q: Why did you start making music?
A: At 13 I started record song for fun with my brothers but I always knew I wanted to do music
Q: When did you have that “light bulb” moment realizing that music is really what you wanted to pursue?
A: When I learned song structure and started writing whole 16s with hooks and foundation and not just rhymes. Like all my friends were rapping just to rap, but I wanted a career.....this was around 2004
Q: How did the name "G.R.A.M.Z" come about?
A: It was a block name..... First it was money gramz then Mel gramz but those sounded to mix tape rapper like so I made it a accornum that's means gradually reviving all muzic made me sound more official like a real artist

Q: What is your favorite song you've created thus far?
A: I would have to say ether between sour p's or a song I got wit my homie lee bueller called Hawaiian punch those are my favs

Q: What makes your music different than other artists?
A: ummm I. Jus try to be myself and make wut I like and not wut the people like or think is hot at the moment I'm not gonna make the Rick Ross type song cuz everyone else is ima make some gramz shit for y'all to jam too.... I'm about originality
Q: Where does your inspiration stem from?
A: J dilla  my kids good weed and good music period
Q: Do you have a role model? If so, who.
A: I'm my own role model
Q: Who is your favorite local artist? (Other than yourself)
A: slim dollars, da$h & retch, ninjasonik,
Q: Pick one: Biggie or Pac?
A: Big of course I'm from Brooklyn

Q: If you could pick anybody to go on tour with, who would it be and why?
A: It would have to be my big homie Curren$y.... Ive had the pleasure of show hopping with him wilding out smoking up the bus n shit. And the shit is fun I mean the whole jet life is extended family of mine we all good homes so it would only be right!

Q: What future projects are you working on?
A: At the moment I'm working on my album herringbones, rolex's and exes that will droop end of the year and I'm re-releasing my mix tape cupcakes thru LRG

No comments:

Post a Comment