2.05.2012

I'm Only Mook

 The other day 4StarZ member Mook released his first project titled "I'm Only Mook". Yesterday was his birthday as well.. so it wouldn't hurt to send some happy belated birthday tweets (@imonlymook). 
Last month I had the opportunity to meet the whole 4Starz group at Dice's get together. While I was there Mook asked me to review his mixtape that he had coming out in February so with no hesitation I told him I would check it out. I really didn't know what type of music to expect but I was hoping it would be something good because if it wasn't I'd have to be honest and let him know lol. 
The first time I was able to sit down and have a chill conversation with Mook and the crew was this past Saturday. I was expecting him to be one of those artists who front like they hard but they really not. In actuality Mook is funny, humble and has an great personality! Like I said before, I support the whole 4StarZ movement.. #LOVE.
The songs that I like are Defining Moment, Winnin' (shoutouts to Ro Spit), Feb 4th, Changes, Do The Right Thing, Better As Friends, and Moment Of Silence.
Out of all those my favorite would have to be Feb 4th hands down. The fact that he put his parents on it was special as well as unique and I think that's why I love it so much, so shoutouts to them! Mook took it all the way back to the day he was born with this track. For my faithful readers you know I love when people talk about growing up and what they been through. To be honest if I could listen to everybody's life story I would..
My favorite line is from "Changes" when he said "You can't blame others for the pain that you feeling, you can't blame others for the things that you did, you was only you, you got to pick how you live". I'm a strong believer that nobody can force you to do anything you don't want to do. Therefore if you do it then you wanted to in the first place. You can control your destiny.
To my surprise the "Defining Moment" track I was sent last week that I did a post on was actually just a snippet of the song. When they told me that I was surprised because by that time I listened to the song a good 20-30 times. I'm sure that pretty soon this "B*tch I'm So Michigan" slogan is going to go viral lol. So, if you like it.. make sure you listen the entire thing!
Overall Mook exceeded my expectations with this project! Keep the hits coming..
The entire project was produced by the beast Ace Boogie.

No comments:

Post a Comment