6.06.2012

Label Me

 HELLOOOOOOOOOO! 
The homie Drew 32 released his "Label Me" a while ago, but I'm just now reviewing it.. don't ask why. 
This mixtape was hosted by DJ Skee, which is a good look. His lyrics actually makes sense, and have a story line to them which is something we never want to lose in Hip-Hop. I know if Drew keeps on grinding and pursuing his dream he will be successful. I like the title he chose for the tape, simply because he's saying go ahead and label me and I could care less. In the album artwork he has different labels from producer, rapper, FADED, creative, local, and many others. The majority of the tracks are produced by Drew himself. After listening to this tape I feel bad for posting it so late.
My favorite tracks would have to be New Level, Love Me, Rain (shoutout to Asante), Long Gone, I Am King, Fear of Heights, Label Me, and Like Yeah.
A song that sticks out to me is "I Am King" feat. Jon Connor. Both Drew and Jon Conner ripped that track. I found myself bobbing my head tough to that joint, just listen to everything the duo says in that song and you will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment