6.20.2012

#HMS98: Home Made Summer 98’


Summer has officially begun, because the highly anticipated HMS98 from J.G. is finally here! This tape is hosted by Dj Mr Rogers and is presented by @RespecThisFresh and @CSNoWheaties. I really like the entire concept of HMS98 (Home Made Summer 98). If you lived through the 90's, then you know it's nothing like it! I love reminiscing on the 90's because it brings back so many good memories. Music was the s#it and life was good! J.G came tough with this mixtape and had the great production as well as the perfect features to accompany his flow. Through this mixtape, J.G. has brought the entire 90's era back to the 21st century.
Productions from people such as Ace Boogie, TDeezy, DJ O1, Nolan The Ninja, and more...
Songs that stick out to me are are Smile, Summer98, Cocaine/Somer, Summer Babes, Just Chill, We / Rockin', and Somer. Before I even listened to "Smile" I knew the production was coming from the GAWD Ace Boogie. He said one of the most important things in this song which was "To reach your goals, bull s#it you must go through". That sparked a light bulb for me, reminding me that there will always be ups and downs when chasing a dream, but to keep my eyes on the prize and everything will fall in place. Additionally, the sounds of pool splashes and radio man is perfect! The feature from Crack Killz (@CrackKillz) on "Summer98" is EVERYTHING! I already feel that Crack's flow takes me back to the 90's, so that feature was most definitely ill! I am also able to tell when TDeezy (@TDeezyBeatz) mad a track, he is branding himself beautifully I must say. The whole chorus to "Just Chill" is hilarious, just listen. Shoutout to the homie J.Fin (@FINISKING) for his feature on that joint as well as Nolan The Ninja (@NolanTheNinja) for his production.
ENJOY YOUR SUMMER
DOWNLOAD :  #HMS98: Home Made Summer 98'
“I just listened to 90’s music and thought about everything of my childhood that I missed; one of the 
first hip-hop songs I remember from the 90’s was Tupac’s “ I Get Around,” said J.G..   The '90s was a time when socially conscious hip-hip stood toe to toe with gangsta rap and actually competed. “The 90s was a time where good music was created and I wanted to bring that vibe back to this album,” said J. G. the 20 year old rapper.
http://girlthatsjg.net/
Production: @RAWMCLEX , @TDeeZyBeatz , @BrandUnxDeshay , @NolanTheNinja , @ThisisDj_o1 , @LordScum , @AceBoogie4starz

No comments:

Post a Comment