12.31.2011

S.O.L.D.I.E.R

Artist: DICE
Hometown: Pontiac, MI
Here is a new album titled S.O.L.D.I.E.R (Survival of Life & Death in This Everlasting Recession) from Pontiac's own Dice. 
I fell asleep listening to this mixtape and also wokeup listening to it. Dice is all about chasing his dreams and pursuing his passion which is music. One of the many things I like about Dice is that he talks about what he has been through in his life. Though I may not be able to relate to all of his songs I still feel like I have a connection with him through music. I like being able to hear about someones past and all of the struggles they have been through and how they got to where they are today. He is apart of a crew called 4 StarZ which may sound like a gang but it's not.. it's a movement! I can usually tell when an artist is phony and just talks about s#it they know nothing about but he is REAL. These are the types of artist I LOVE blogging about.
Heard there's a little listening party shingding tonight.. think i'll slide through
 In my opinion
BEST ALBUM TO COME OUT OF PONTIAC in 2011
On here you will find club bangers as well as songs you can sit down and just vibe to. My favorite are Walk With Me, No Tomorrow, My City (shoutouts to my bro Ro Spit), My Inspiration, Fireworks, Where I'm From, S.O.L.D.I.E.R, Y.A.C (shoutouts to the guy J.G), and Outro (To The Top).
One thing Dice said that stuck out to me was "living a nightmare but I'm still chasing my dreams". A lot of times when people have a rough patch their life they back down. Choosing to still chase your dreams even though you're going through hell shows that you have perseverance which is a AWESOME characteristic.

As I listened to "My Inspiration" I couldn't do anything but break down and cry. There was only one song that made me break down like this but now I have to add this to the list. I can relate to this song because my mom is my inspiration, my rock, my WORLD. I am here BECAUSE OF HER, so why wouldn't I want to make her proud? In the second verse he refers to his grandmother. My grandma passed when I was young and I don't remember much of her but always wish I did. My grandpa passed last year which I took pretty hard. When I started high school I prayed that he would live to see me walk across the stage and graduate but unfortunately he wasn't able to. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him and I'd do anything in this world to sit with you one more time R.I.P George W. Scruggs Senior <3. 

What I got out of this album is that you can make it through anything no matter what your past is. When you are patient, have faith in God, and keep chasing your dreams good things are bound to come!
I recommend EVERYONE downlaod! -> http://4starz.bandcamp.com/album/s-o-l-d-i-e-r


No comments:

Post a Comment