9.16.2013

Fresh Project - Asante "Trifecta: SanteJazz Remix Series"

The last time we heard from Asante was quite some time ago when he remixed Frank Ocean's "Thinkin Bout You". Now he's back with an entire project's worth of remixes to songs like Justin Timberlake's "Suit and Tie", Tyler The Creator's "IFHY" (instead naming his version "IFLY"), and OutKast's "Prototype". Needless to say he did all of these songs complete justice. Starting with the beginning track I feel like I've just stepped foot onto a new planet ready to explore new found joy. While on the planet I've experienced love at first site, and can't stand to leave him.. *wishing this was real life*. The transitions from one track to another are very smooth and the order is logical as well. By the time I get to the end of the series I feel like I'm involuntarily saying my last goodbyes to the love of my life and whatever planet I was on and taking a long journey back to reality *sigh*.  Asante's voice is BEAUTIFUL, and just makes me wish I had someone to sing such sweet nectar's in my ear, but I digress hahaha. Last, but certainly not least, shoutout to whoever did the artwork. The planet I stepped on was indeed the one right on the cover. Full of every musical instrument you could think of, such a lovely place... take a visit.






No comments:

Post a Comment